Lesson Plan: Chat GPT
Discussion: How do you think Artificial Intelligence could change the world/work? What about in your profession?
Lead-in: Have you heard of «Chat GPT»? What do you think it might be?
Watch this video and find out:
Do you know the answer to these questions?
- How is GPT-3 different from other language models?
- Can GPT-3 understand and generate context?
- What are some examples of tasks that GPT-3 can perform?
- Can GPT-3 understand and respond to natural language commands?
- What are some of the limitations of GPT-3?
- How does GPT-3 compare to human writing?
- What are some potential future applications of GPT-3?
Put these verbs in the present perfect or the present progressive.
- You don’t always know whether currently (talk) to a human or a computer
- A number of tech firms at this moment (work) on the future of chat Bots an AI platform trained to engage in conversation and one in particular already (go) viral
- It doesn’t understand what (talk) about.
- Dr Dalton recently (spend) a lot of time running questions through chat GPT
- Practitioners are surprised by how quickly these modern systems now (develop)
Discussion: How do you think these types of tools could affect your job? What aspects of your job could be done by GPT? What about other jobs?
Reading: What does this article say will happen to white-collar jobs? : https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/how-chatgpt-will-destabilize-white-collar-work/ar-AA16yBZM
- ChatGPT is a machine learning model that is designed to automate white collar work. (True/False)
- The author of the article believes that ChatGPT will have a positive impact on white collar work. (True/False)
- The article states that ChatGPT is only able to perform tasks that are highly structured and repetitive. (True/False)
- The article suggests that ChatGPT’s ability to automate white collar work will lead to job losses for many workers in those fields. (True/False)
- The article argues that the pace and extent of ChatGPT’s impact on white collar work will be determined solely by technological developments. (True/False)
Use these words to complete the following sentences: upside, white-collar, figuring out, immersive, laboriously
- The __________________of using ChatGPT to automate white collar tasks is that it can save businesses time and money.
- Many businesses are still __________________ the best way to utilize ChatGPT’s capabilities in their white-collar operations.
- One of the most promising uses of ChatGPT is in creating __________________ virtual experiences for customers.
- The process of training ChatGPT to perform specific __________________ tasks can be __________________ long.
- Despite the challenges of figuring out how to use ChatGPT, many businesses see the potential for significant benefits in automating __________________ labor.
Discussion: What parts of this lesson do you think were created using chat GPT?
- Ask it to do a task you normally might do in your work
- Use it to practice your speaking/writing
- «Speak to me like someone from the 80s»
- «Write to me like my boss»
- «Speak to me like someone from the future».
Discussion: how useful do you think it could be?