Lesson Plan: Among Us
Lead-in: What do you know about the game Among Us? What is the aim? What are the sub-tasks?
Watch this video: How do you win «Among Us»? How do you lose?
Fill in the following sentences with words from the video:
- There are two ______________________ in among us.
- This is played muted, until a ________________________ is called
- Once the humans complete all their ___________________, they win!
- At the end of the voting period, the player with the most votes is _____________________
- They can also periodically ____________________ the ship.
- On some maps there are ____________ that can help you see other parts of the map.
Discussion: What do you think a good player needs to do well? Come up with tips for both humans and imposters.
Playing Among us:
What do you think would be hard about the game?
Watch 0.00 – 3.31. What problems does AOC have?
Are the following true or false
- AOC wanted to be an imposter
- AOC killed the first person by accident
- AOC didn’t want to kill Poki
- The other game player was working on the lights
- Ilhan doesn’t vote for AOC because they are friends
Put these sentences from the 2 discussions in order:
- So, AOC has found the body
- It’s a double kill, so it’s people who have played more than once.
- All I’m accounting for is Hassan, dude.
- He was in electrical. I think that’s where it was.
- Well, well well. Ain’t that a shame
- I don’t know where that is
- I’m running around cam with Poki, with AOC. We’re chilling, having a great time. Poi and AOC go into cams, AOC goes up behind Poki, slits her throat.
- Wait. How can she be there if she doesn’t know what the room is?
- I was doing the alignment and engine
- Woah, woah, woah. Wait, wait wait. Who was the third person there? And what task were you doing?
Discussion: Is there anything AOC did well? badly? in that game?
Game 2 Watch 3:31-5:53. Who is the impostor? How does AOC know?
Put these sentences in order:
- I think it’s Ilhan, because the doors were locked
- I think it was Ilhan. The way she was like, «Where were you?»
- I’m voting Ilhan but I don’t know
- No, I think it’s Alex. You locked all the doors then opened one of them
Game 3 Watch 5:53-7.25. What mistakes did AOC make?
Match the sentence halves
|It’s going to be||let anyone come.|
|Please don’t||with guilt|
|My voting patterns||amateur hour up in here.|
|I’m wracked||from the very slow pace of murders|
|You could tell||are very suspicious.|
What sentences from the three games can you use:
- to accuse someone
- to interrupt
- To give a reason for your opinion.
Play «Among us«