Lesson Plan: Postcards from lockdown
- What are some different ways people’s lives have been affected from lockdown?
2. How do you think the lockdown may have affected the following?
Listen to 0.00-7.24 : How are people interacting with animals? What are the different feelings they have?
Match the following pets and places:
|2 cats||Istanbul, Turkey|
|Cats, dogs, mouse||Wales|
|African Grey parrots||Capetown, SA|
|Time with native birds||Yaounde, Camaroon|
|Bird recordings||Rhode Island, USA|
Match the halves of the following sentences:
|I think what’s helped||attack me.|
|I’m going to introduce you to||is to have our two cats, Angus and Minerva|
|We haven’t had a guest in our house||«go back home.»|
|Every morning these guys||four cats, four dogs, one mouse and a husband to keep me fairly busy|
|They are saying,||for weeks.|
|I’ve got||my COVID companions|
What do the following sayings mean?
- So I think you have the best of both worlds, the cat that wants to cuddle and the cat that wants to play.
- My own evening companions are the parrots, so who’s having the last laugh?
What has your experience with animals been over this time?
2. Listen to 7.24- 10.25 How has music helped Adrian?
What do the following phrases refer to:
- Time flies by
- It has to have a lot of emotion and power
- It brought him out of the critical condition
- I am dying to do that, I cannot wait
- We get a mixed reaction.
What has music done for you during quarantine?
3. Listen to 10.24- 16.40 Where are they living and teaching? What is difficult/good about these situations?
Complete these sentences using the following words: attempting, extent, coping, lasted, enriching, set, enough, .
- I’m lucky __________________ to live in a rural place
- My advice is __________________yourself a schedule.
- The quarantine __________________ 6 months.
- It did help us live together peacefully, to some ________________ .
- How am I _____________________with it right now,
- Right now I am __________________ to learn Korean.
- It’s a very ____________________ and pleasant experience.
How has education been for you during this time?
4. Listen to : 16.40- 20.33 How are people doing exercise?
What are the following forms of keeping healthy:
- y _ _ _
- J _ _ _ _ _ _ j _ _ _ _
- W _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- D _ _ _ _ w _ _ _ _
- C _ _ _ _ y _ _ _ h _ _ _
- S _ _ _ _ w _ _ _
Which tips do you think are useful?
4. Listen to 20.55- 24.30 How have people kept up their social needs?
- «home is where the food is» What is the original saying? Can you adapt it in other ways?
How have you kept social?
5. Watch 24.30 – 29.56. How are people making life better in quarantine?
Match this musical vocabulary with their definitions.
|stage||to gather together information from different sources|
|track||a song that is recorded at one time without stopping|
|collate||a raised platform in a theater, auditorium, etc., where the performers stand|
|take||a song on a record, CD, etc.|
Complete the following sentences with these prepositions: of, with, to, from, by
- It’s a break ________________ the nonstop headlines.
- Music allows people _________ escape.
- It’s time to make the most ________ it.
- I’m coping with extended school closure and confinement ___________ reading inspiring poetry
- If you were born _________ the weakness to fall, you were born _______ the strenth to rise.
How are you coping with this time? Does it provide you with any good opportunities?