Lesson plan: What will happen after the coronavirus?
- The personal becomes dangerous.
- A new kind of patriotism.
- A decline in polarization.
- A return to faith in serious experts.
- Less individualism.
- Religious worship will look different.
- New forms of reform.
- Regulatory barriers to online tools will fall.
- A healthier digital lifestyle.
- A boon to virtual reality.
- The rise of telemedicine.
- An opening for stronger family care.
- Government becomes Big Pharma.
- Science reigns again.
- Congress can finally go virtual.
- Big government makes a comeback.
- Government service regains its cachet.
- A new civic federalism.
- The rules we’ve lived by won’t all apply.
- Revived trust in institutions.
- Expect a political uprising.
- Electronic voting goes mainstream.
- Election Day will become Election Month.
- Voting by mail will become the norm.
The Global Economy
- More restraints on mass consumption.
- Stronger domestic supply chains.
- The inequality gap will widen.
- A hunger for diversion.
- Less communal dining—but maybe more cooking.
- A revival of parks.
- A change in our understanding of ‘change.’
- The tyranny of habit no more.
Choose one of these, click on the link, and read about it: Report back to the class: