Lesson Plan: University Study
- Discussion: What did you study at university? Do you think the students in your course had a certain profile?
2. What personality traits do you think are associated with people who study the following university majors: business, humanities, law, engineering. Read the following article to find out: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/01/my-major-my-self/426984/
3. Read the article again and answer the following questions:
- What are the big five personality traits?
- What are the downsides of the personalties of humanities’ students?
- What is the difference between what men and women study?
- Which trait was the effect size biggest for?
4. What traits do you think you exhibit? Are you well suited to your major?
5. What do you think are the personalities of the students in these majors?
- Construction Management
- Creative Writing
- Structural Engineering
- Mortuary Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Airport Management
- IT for Ciber Security
6. Can you match these majors with the people in the photo?
7. Watch up to minute 6.30. Do you want to change your mind?
8. Watch the rest of the video. Were you right?
9. Which person:
- Is good at makeup?
- Has English a second language?
- Is doing it for money?
- Has the same job as his Dad?
- Likes cyber security?
- Is doing a master’s degree?
- Has do to with circuits and robotics?
- Has a different day every day?
10. Take this quiz and find out what your major should be. Do you agree? https://www.buzzfeed.com/mayakinsleyb/whats-the-perfect-college-major-for-your-personal-b6rqtac6fk
11. Watch the video again, paying attention to the questions. Which were the most useful ones? Write these down.
12. Ask questions of your classmates, trying to find out their major.